Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Ziggur-what?!!
















Trevor and I seem to have some unspoken laws in our home. Some HE-does, SHE-does rules, that were never really talked about , but somehow have just become the norm. There are certain jobs around the house that are just "his" jobs, and some are just mine. We just know this but have never really officiall delegated this out, just happened over the years. Well, one of my jobs seems to be the kids homework. I always help them, he just finds something else to do when its home work time. But this quarter River has brought home some special projects that for some reason have really sparked an interest from Trevor. The first was an egg container that was meant to keep Rivers egg that was launched off the top of the rec center roof, from breaking. The next was an egg "home", for a special egg River had to keep with him at all times one week. This weeks project was a model Ziggurat, an Egyptian pyramid looking thing! River had decided he wanted to build his model out of chocolate bars. So I took him to the store and we purchased every size of Hershey's chocolate bars we could find. When we got home we proceeded to build the "Ziggurat". Trevor came in and saw what we were doing and his wheels started to turn. The next thing I knew my kitchen had turned into a work shop, with all sorts of tools and materials to build the model "Ziggurat". So this week the two of them have had a great time eating chocolate bars and building the "Hershey's chocolate Ziggurat". They had a great time and the project turned out great!! Good job guys!! (looks like Trevor might be getting the homework duties more often!!)

6 comments:

Stacey B. said...

Oh my gosh Jodi...River's Zigger-whatever turned out so good!! I so wished I had deligated McKennah's out to Steve. We started out with those wafer cookies and they just didn't work well at all and we ended up with a rice crispy treat Ziggurat!!

Kim said...

Jodi,
I remember when Landen had to do that We also did it out of Rice Krispie Treats! I seen River at school today carrying his Ziggurat?. It looked awesome! Great job Trevor and River!

Angela said...

Ziggu...what is right! I don't remember Tierra ever doing that..I think she did some kind of desert thing. River should win first prize. We too have unspoken rules and homework is one until I get frusterated with Tierra's math, then and she goes to Larry because he doesn't get mad.

Stacey B. said...

I wish that was how mine looked mine looked weird and it wasn't very tall and it kinda fell apart. River's look awesome!!Great job trevor and River!!

Love,
Kennah

Stacey B. said...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Love,
Kennah

Jeni said...

That ziggurat is my ziggurat dream come true! It looks awesome AND looks like it would taste awesome!
It also looks like a lot of hard work...is this what I have to look forward to? yikes. I might have to hire Trevor next year.