Friday, October 24, 2008

Tag!! I guess I'm it!


Life has been ultra crazy the last little while, so I'm just catching up!! I guess I've been tagged a couple times! This one should be easy because I have lots of weird things about me. The hard part is narrowing it down to only 7! But here goes:

1-I'm extremely claustrophobic!! Really!! I can't have anything over my face at all. When we go snowmobiling I can't wear the face gear that goes on the helmets. Even the helmet drives me nuts sometimes. Once we went scuba diving in St. Thomas, I couldn't do it because of all the face gear that you have to wear. (I didn't realize it was going to be a problem for me until we paid and were in the water with the instructor!! Trevor was not very happy with me (: ) I also hate small confined spaces and have to be able to breath fresh air or I literally go CRAZY!!
2- I hate to sleep in socks!!! That drives me nuts!! Sometimes I will be cold before I go to bed and attempt to sleep with socks on. But it never fails, I end up ripping them off and throwing them in the middle of the night. I can't sleep with any kind of pants on my legs either. Too confining!! Maybe this has something to do with the claustrophobia??
3- I have nightmares all the time!! I can't watch or talk about anything disturbing right before bed or I have a nightmare about it. I am also a crazy sleeper. I cry, talk, yell, even sleepwalk in my sleep. I'm not a fun person to have over for a sleepover!!
4- I can't sleep in a moving car. I don't know if I'm worried the cars going to crash or feel I owe it to the person driving, but I feel like I have to stay awake if we're traveling far. Trevor is the total opposite. He can be in a car for ten minutes and he can't stay awake. So guess who ends up driving on our road trips while everybody else sleeps? I'm a good friend to go on a road trip with, just make me sleep in a different hotel room once we get there!!
5- OK This one isn't a surprise to very many people, but I'm a vacuum freak. BAD!! Ask my neighbor John Auger. (Have you seen my picture on his wall in his house? LOL) When Trevor and I were first married, we lived in a tiny basement apartment. When we moved out the lady upstairs (who we shared the central vacuum system with) said to me, "I have never seen any body vacuum so much in my life!!" And I think I've even got worse!! I vacuum almost everyday!! And I love to keep the lines, so you can tell its been vacuumed. It's weird how good it makes me feel to have my whole house vacuumed!!
6- I can't drive a car over a bridge with water under it. It scares me to death!! I honestly have to go so slow and just keep my eyes straight and think "mind over matter". I'm not afraid of heights, its just the car in the water thing that scares me. I could walk over the bridge, no problem, just not in a car!! (Maybe this also has something to do with the claustrophobia thing, I'm afraid of getting stuck in the car in the water and not being able to breath!!)
7- I can't shop with anyone. Not for groceries, clothes, furniture, anything!! I have a really hard time focusing on what I'm doing if I'm with anyone. I end up going home with wrong sizes, missing groceries, or just weird things I don't like. I like to do lunch before or after shopping with people, but I need to be by myself to do the shopping. This is definitely a problem if I have the kids with me. I also need to have a list, I can't shop without a list, I even make a list when I go clothes shopping or I end up with the wrong sizes for the kids or I forget what it is they need!! Maybe this has more to do with my focusing/concentration skills than it does with anything else. HMMMM.

Well, that's seven of the million weird/quirky things about me!! Thanks Stacy for making me think of how strange I really am!! Now I'm on to the next tag. The next one might be a little harder for me!!!
And I tag, Rylee, Stephanie M.,Carrie G., Becky A., Debbie A., John A.(HEE HEE), and Jenny L.

3 comments:

Jennifer M. said...

You're funny! I love your shopping thing. Maybe I'll use that as an excuse when all my kids want to go to the grocery store with me. I also can't sleep in the car. I get paranoid. I always think that Brandon will fall asleep. Sorry about your scuba trip. I'm sure you were sad.

Angela said...

I loved your quirky things. They made me laugh. I thought about you at girls camp 2 years ago. All wrapped up in your sleeping bag scared, and hopping around and your haunted car alarm going off. I too can't sleep w/ socks on my feet, I think it makes them colder. And no PJ pants either, they get all twisted, and I like to shop with people but I talk too much and can't concentrate and they are all done and I haven't accomplished a thing. But I'm like a baby in a carseat in a car. zzzzzz On our snorkling excursion a lady jumped in and then screamed and started hyperventilating. Was that you?

Jeni said...

Oh Jodi...I can't stop laughing. I love your quirks!