Friday, October 17, 2008

What a "Thriller"!




After weeks of driving to Orem for practices, Odyssey Dance Theatre's "Thriller" finally opened. The show was in Ogden the weekend of October 9, 10 and 11, at the Val A. Browning Center. It started at Kingsbury Hall on October 15 and will continue until November 1. Rylee auditioned for a part in the show in September and has had to practice in Orem every weekend since. She has performed with Odyssey Dance Theatre in Thriller in the past and some of their other shows also. Trevor and I went and saw the Friday night performance in Ogden. It was so good. Then some of Rylee's friends and their moms and I went and saw it on Thursday at Kingsbury Hall. We went and ate dinner at "The Pie" before the show started, then we walked over to Kingsbury Hall and enjoyed the show. Both performances I saw were wonderful! Rylee enjoys doing the performances so much. She has met some neat people doing this and just really has so much fun!! Thriller is one of my favorite shows Odyssey does and it is just a fun thing to go do for Halloween!! My favorite dances are the Jason Jam, Frankenstein and the River of Blood Dance!!

9 comments:

Stacey B. said...

Lucky I wish i could have gone I want to see it! Rylee is so cute she is such a great dancer too!
Luv/kennah

mtbuttars said...

Hey Jodi! I'm glad you found my blog. I didn't know you had one either. Your family is so cute and I cant believe how big Rylee is! I remember when she was just a little girl in her little dance costume. Anyways, I'm adding you to my list. See you at Bunco!

Angie said...

ok Jod you just sold me. I hope it isn't sold out cuz I now I really want to go. How great for Rylee and her costume is to die for. Love the pic of you and Trevor in front of the curtain, it has a thrillerish look itself. What a good mom...driving her all the way to Orem!

Angie said...

Forgot to say that I also love your personal pararaph on the side. Is that new or am I just paying special attention to it now that it applies? I knew you'd be a positive example for us Jodi, thanks.

The Kohlers said...

Hey Jodi, I'm so glad you found my blog so I could find yours. I didn't know that Rylee was in Thriller. We went on Saturday night in Ogden. It was great as always! See you at Bunco!!

Angela said...

I've heard about it in past years from the Grubbs and have always wanted to go! The Augers told me what a great show it was and Rylee scared their girls ha ha. Rylee still looks cute even as a zombie!

Angela said...

I also wanted to add I love your blog background! I need a lesson!

Tiffany said...

Wow! That looks like fun. She is very lucky to have a Mom like you... What cute pictures!

Jeni said...

Every year I wish I could go see this...especially because Rylee is in it! What a neat/fun experience for her and your family!