Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Welcome Winter...NOT!!!







I usually love the change of a new season. I love that here in Utah we get to enjoy every season , to it's extreme. From so many beautiful flowers and trees in the spring; the hot, hot, hot dry summers; the beautiful fall colors; and even the beautiful, fun snow in the winter. But one thing I really dislike, is when we get jipped out of a season and have to quickly move to the next!! Well, I thought for about 36 hours this past weekend that we might be getting jipped.


I woke up Sunday morning to the most excited 7 year old ever. "Mom, you won't believe how much it snowed," he said. "Can we go play in it!". I'm thinking a skiff, sure, go play, it will be gone in an hour. Oh my!! I was so shocked when I got up and saw about 5-6 inches of snow all over! So my 4 boys, the oldest 40 year old included, went out before church and sled and had a great time in the snow!! I usually don't encourage playing before church, do to issues of not coming back in and being late for church, but I figured it would surely be gone by the time we got home from church that evening. Oh no, it not only wasn't gone, it had about another inch or two on top of it!! So, again the winter attire was layered on and out they all went for more winter fun!! I will admit for about an hour or two even I enjoyed it. I even had to really hold myself back from playing my Christmas music. But when I woke up Monday morning at five o'clock to get Rylee to cheer practice, and saw all that snow, still there and cold as ever, I was very annoyed and could feel the winter depression starting to come on!! I really am not ready for Autumn to be over yet!! I was really enjoying the warm beautiful fall days, but the crisp cool nights!! The leaves on my trees haven't even started to change colors yet! I will be very happy to have winter here in a month or two, but PLEASE , PLEASE, PLEASE Autumn come back!!!

9 comments:

Jeni said...

Oh Jodi....you just said my exact feelings! I think our last winter was so long and cold that I'm just not ready for it again! Please fall, come back to us.
I did start listening to christmas music... :)

Jodi said...

Jeni, for sure!! I enjoyed the snow for a few hours, but then I really started having flashbacks of last winter, going and going and going!!! Maybe if I would have broke out the Christmas tunes I would have enjoyed it more!!

Ry Ry Shae said...

Yea snow!!!! Just pray it doesn't snow on Halloween..... knock on wood (8

GINGER said...

I am so glad to see someone else feels like me. I need autumn. I love fall. Snow is wonderful -- in the winter. At least it seems to be warming back up.

Becky A said...

I agree with you about Utah having the best of each season, isn't it great? I wasn't ready for snow yet, either, but it's hard not to enjoy it a little when you have little ones. Snow is SO exciting for them! It's funny on everyone's blogs to read about their kids up and out early...and Jeni, I am shocked that you of all people would listen to Christmas music early!

Jeni said...

Becky...are you being sarcastic? :)

Tiffany said...

Hi Jody,
Thanks for the comment. Your blog is so cute! Brooke loved the pictures of Ridger, she has been asking me if he could play ever since. (lol) We also loved the snow the girls had so much fun.

Jenny Lee said...

wow. I can't believe all the snow you guys got. It looked like fun, but hopefully it's gone by now. I'm not ready for winter either. It has been pretty nice down here. It gets cold at night but has warmed up nice in the day. Thanks for your nice comments on my blog. We miss you.

Jennifer M. said...

Yuck! I'm so sorry you got hit so early. I hope that's not a bad sign of another heavy snowy winter for you. I did get a bit jealous of Trevor on the four wheeler. Gosh, that reminds me of home.