Tuesday, October 28, 2008

1st grade fire station field trip!!







Last week I was lucky enough to get to go with Ryker and the 1st graders on their field trip to the fire station!! It was so much fun, I'm so glad I went!! We walked across the street to the fire station, where the kids got a tour of the fire station and some fire safety tips. Roney was their "tour guide" and he did a great job with the kids, I was very impressed!! They even let the kids climb into the fire trucks and each child got to put all of the "fire man" equipment on. It was so cute!! After the fire station tour they went on a nature walk. Their teacher had a bag each child had colored and on the bag was a list of nature items they needed to find on our walk back to the school. It was a great little field trip and I know the kids learned a lot and had a great time!!

4 comments:

Jenny Lee said...

Looked like a great time! Ryker is so handsome. That's a fun little field trip.

Stacey B. said...

That's so fun I can even remember when I went except mine was in preschool! Ryker it so cute!!!
Hope you had a great time!

Love,
Kennah

Angela said...

Oh fieldtrips...do they ever end? It seems like I've been to the same places 2 or 3 times each. But each one is still fun with a new child just to see their happy, excited faces. Ryker looks like a ladies man as a firefighter!

Jeni said...

What a fun field trip! Ryker looks so cute in that fireman uniform!