Tuesday, November 11, 2008

History in the making!!!



"I'm asking you to believe, not just in my ability to bring about real change... I'm asking you to believe in yours." Barrack Obama

Well, I have been way crazy this past week, and I think any spare second I had I spent trying to figure out facebook!! But, I really wanted to blog about the recent events that took place in our wonderful country!! I think I mostly wanted to blog about this for my own memory of how I felt at this time, but I would also like to hear how my fellow bloggers feel about the recent events!!

After many months, even years of campaigning,speeches, arguments, rallies,polls and debates, Barrack Obama was elected the 44th President of the United States of America!! John McCain ended up with 162 Electoral votes and Barrack Obama with 364 Electoral votes. Obama had over 65.9 million votes, the largest total for any candidate in history. I feel very much at peace with the way the election went. I have to admit that I've never been much into politics, as a matter of fact I had a political science class in college and loved it, but had such a hard time understanding it!! But I feel that I have grown so much this past year and have learned so much and learned to appreciate politics more than ever. I truly hope I never lose the understanding that I have gained this past year. I feel more politically educated than ever. It has been so much fun following this Presidential election. From Hilary R. Clinton, to Mitt Romney, to Barrack Obama and Sarah Palin!!! Oh my goodness, what a ride it has been!!! I have loved that my kids were finally old enough to have an opinion about the whole election. I hope they will remember this week and what they have learned from this whole experience. My two oldest both wanted a different candidate and it was so fun to hear their views and opinions of why they felt the way they did!!! What a great learning experience for them. I am grateful to live in a country where I have the right to vote for any candidate, no matter what political party he is from. So whether you voted for Obama or McCain, I think everyone in the United States should feel so proud to be an American right now. I am excited and very hopeful that Barrack Obama will do a great job and that our great country will begin to rebuild itself into the prosperous country that it is!!!
(And if Obama doesn't do a very good job, Hilary Clinton will be waiting for 2012. Who knows maybe it will be H. Clinton and S. Palin in 2012, now that would be a cat fight to watch!!! LOL!!)

5 comments:

Jeni said...

What a great post Jodi! I agree..this IS history and I am SO PROUD to be an American.

Becky A said...

such a great post, Jodi! Love to see your patriotic side! I have loved that throughout this election there have been so many opportunities to talk with our children about different things. Good job, Jodi!

Angela said...

This could be tricky and get me in trouble, so I won't say much more than, I have never liked politics or understood it. I'm always worried about the scripture that says ...the government will hang by a thread...I really think it is getting close.

Ellie McFreaken said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ellie McFreaken said...

That was my delete Jodi.
I wanted to say horrah for Obama! I am so excited. Our country's future lies in us and our children not so much Our President although I think he will do great...we are the ones to make the difference. Just like our generation voted for the first Black President there is so much even more that we can do if we all pull together like he said. I love some important issues that McCain believes in too but as McCain said "The American people have spoken, and they've spoken clearly".
As Becky said this was such a great time to talk to my kids about issues from both sides and celebrate this historical election!
Thanks for posting this Jodi!