Thursday, March 5, 2009

Perspective of a 5 year old!!

The other night as I was getting Ridger ready for bed we were talking and he asked me if we could get a baby sister. (I think he wants a little sister as much or more than Rylee does!) I tried to explain to him that we wouldn't be able to have any more kids in our family.
And he replied with a big confident smile, "It's really easy, Mom. All you have to do is stop exercising, get really fat, and then go to the doctor!" Repeating "just stop exercising MOM"!!! So... I'm thinking I will try it!! (I love you so much Ridger!!)

8 comments:

Jeni said...

heeeheeheeheee...too funny and cute! I wonder if he's in cahoots with Sophie?!


We are having a blog bond Jodi...we both just posted about funny things our kids have said at about the same time today! weird!

Becky A said...

What a good idea! I love to hear all the cute things kids say.
I think it's so funny that your family is all so baby hungry. So cute. I would love to see a new little baby girl Schenck, too...

Angela said...

That would break my heart...sometimes i want more kids so bad, so if my boys were wanting more I'd really think I should have had more...they actually have asked before , but usually it's when I'm not feeling like i could handle more. ha ha

Jennifer M. said...

So touching! What a sweety! I love how kids think.
Miss Ya!

JADE said...

I will have to remember this when I start having kids....

amy said...

That's so funny! I love to see life through their eyes.
You should have seen him with Allie at the bday party. He was so cute with her. He played with her as much as he played with the other kids.

Becky A said...

weird, Jodi, you must be on here right now. I just read and commented on a new post and then it disappeared! I'll check back in a minute...

GINGER said...

SO CUTE!! Makes me wish I were five again a little bit. Life is so simple and pure. What a fun story.