Monday, March 2, 2009

March 2, 90...

This morning as I was rushing getting the kids out the door to the bus, River pulled out a form for a field trip that he needed me to sign. As I signed the form and went to write the date, I drew a blank and just sat and stared at the form for a second. A little impatient River said, "it's March 2nd mom". As I went to write the year my mind wanted to write 90, not 09. River still a little impatient, just wanting to get out to the bus stop, had to remind me of the year. After I signed the paper and he was off I remembered why my mind wanted to remember March 2, 1990. That was one of the best days of my life...

19 years ago today was the day I met the love of my life. Trevor and I were set up on a blind date. He had actually gotten my phone number from a friend of mine a few weeks earlier and called me to go out a couple times before, but I could not go either time. When he called me the third time I actually had to work late that night, but knew that he might never call me again if I didn't go with him. So we decided to go out after I got off work that night. He picked me up and we met some of his friends up sledding at Nordic Valley, then we went to one of his friends houses and played some games(Foosball-which I must add that him and I beat everyone we played that night!). After playing games we ate pizza and then went to the Hilton and went swimming and hot tubing. It was a great time!! I'm so grateful Trevor was persistent and kept calling me!! Here's to 19 years Trev!!!! I love you!!

5 comments:

Ellie McFreaken said...

YOu guys are such a cute couple....you need to bust out some old photos from those good ole days Jodi!
Good thing he was persistent... look at the beautiful life you both have created!

Jenny Lee said...

Wow! I can't believe that you could remember that date! I'm so glad that Trevor was persistent too. You guys make the cutest couple. Your date sounded like tons of fun. Did you know he was the one from that first date?

Becky A said...

that is so cute! I can just imagine what a cute dating couple you guys were. I agree with ang, bust out some pictures...how about a flashback friday?
and awesome that you remember the date...that's romantic.

Angela said...

Wow, that was nice of him to call back the third time...you'd think he'd of thunk you were blowing him off...good thing he had the confidence! ha ha I love thinking back to those first dates and how ya met. We need a little of that flirty, butterfly feelings after all these years huh!

Angie said...

I don't know Trevor that well but Matt speaks highly of him and you too Jodi. You also make very cute children together. Just read your February post and I'm going to look into Mexico right now!!!!