Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy 1/2 Birthday!!!

River and Ryker were both born on August 12!! Five years apart! When I was younger I always felt so sorry for the kids who had their birthdays in the summer and had to make up a day during the school year to celebrate their birthday! Well, now two of my kids have to do this!! So the day we usually celebrate their "un-Birthday" is February 12, six months exactly from their real birthday! So today we are celebrating both their 1/2 birthday!!! River is taking a treat to his class, and I made a 1/2 birthday cake for each one of them!! (1 cake they get to share!!(: ) I guess it's fun to have a reason to celebrate your birthday twice during a year!!! I'm sure this will be the last time River will get to do this because next year he is Junior High. So HAPPY 1/2 BIRTHDAY River and Ryker!! I love you both soooooooo much!!

4 comments:

The Kohlers said...

What a good idea! Both my kids b-days are by christmas and I've always thought of doing a fun summer party where they could do something outside. Maybe I'll have to do that this year!

Jeni said...

so sweet jodi! I'm exactly like Shawna....every year I say...let's have a party in the summer instead of right after christmas...the grass is always greener....

Angela said...

Hudson has twin friends that have a Christmas birthday and they had their friend party in the summer.
I thought I was going to do the 1/2 birthday thing with all my kids. It lasted 1 year with Tierra is all. Even though hers is in Sept. I took her out of school on March 11th to go out for lunch. Hudson's birthday is New Years Day, and Parks and Logan's is one day apart from the others real Birthday. Same with Larry and I's. Don't feel bad theirs is in the summer. Mine is in the winter and I could care less about having a party during school. I was just mad I had to GO to school on my birthday! ha ha

Becky A said...

I love summer birthdays. and it's fun to have a reason to celebrate twice during the year. Abby's falls on the last day of school a lot, which has been fun for her, too.