Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Weekend full of Thanks!!!






We had such a great Thanksgiving weekend!! I can't believe it went soooo fast though. Wednesday was spent decorating the Christmas tree and putting up our Christmas decorations. Thursday we spent at Trevors parents house and the kids all ended up sleeping over with all of the cousins, they had a great time! Friday we went to Wolf Mountain as a family and got our pictures taken for our ski passes. (Only a little bit of snow on those hills though, hopefully we'll get some soon so we can start skiing, the kids are so excited.) Friday night I went and saw Twilight for the first time, and must add how much I loved Edward!! It took me almost half way through the movie to get used to him though.
Saturday was our annual Gingerbread house making day at the Schencks! It was so much fun, and crazy-crazy as usual. That night Rylee and I went to the Nutcracker ballet and watched my niece,Journey, who was in it. It was so much fun sitting with Rylee instead of watching Rylee. This is the first year in several years that she didn't try out for a part. While the girls attended the ballet, Trevor took the boys to the Christmas parade in Ogden and to watch the fireworks and the Christmas village lights turn on! They had a great time also!!
Sunday was the usual church and then we had a Thanksgiving dinner together with just our family and talked about all the many things we have to be thankful for!! I am so Thankful for such a great weekend with Trevor and the kids!!!

5 comments:

mtbuttars said...

It sounds lke you guys have been busy having fun! Those gingerbread houses turned out so cute. I'm glad you liked Twilight. I just couldn't ever really get into Edward though. There were only a couple of parts that I thought he was cute. I still liked the movie though.

Angie said...

I can see your children inherited your perfectionist trait with their gingerbread houses. The candies are all in rows and the borders match perfectly. My kids' have no pattern,no order,they just look like the gingerbread man threw up on them.
Glad you finally saw Edward and ended up liking him. I didn't think I was going to but I loved him as soon as he smirked in his first scene. The ballet also sounded fun you busy woman!

GINGER said...

What fun traditions. I love making Gingerbread houses. I love the nutcracker. I love the Ogden Lights and parade. So much fun. Great pictures.

Jeni said...

What a wonderful weekend! Did rylee enjoy watching..or did she miss being in the performance?

Jennifer M. said...

What cute gingerbread houses. Do you make your own gingerbread?
It was so great to see you all while we were there. We wish we could have had more time to catch up.
We hope your holiday preparing and celebrating is going well. Stay healthy and have fun!