Tuesday, December 16, 2008

NEW YORK, NEW YORK!!!




















Last week Trevor and I went to New York with our friends, John and Debbie. We had the best time ever!! I absolutely loved New York!! Neither Trevor or I had ever been before, both John and Debbie had been there already. We stayed right in Manhatten, a couple blocks from Rockefellar Center.

The first day we got there we walked to Rockefellar Center and then to Times Square. In Times Square we did some shopping and just walked around and took it all in. Then we ate dinner at Bubba Gumps, and it was so delicious!!! After dinner we saw the broadway musical Young Frankenstein, it was soooo funny! After the show we went back to Bubba Gumps for desert which was just as delicious as the dinner!!

The next day we woke up and went to the Today show!! We saw Al Roker doing the weather!! Later that day we rode the subway to Battery Park where we got on a ferry to Liberty Island and saw the Statue of Liberty. This was one of my very favorite things we did!! The island was so beautiful with a great veiw of New Jersey and the Manhatten skyline, and the Statue of Liberty was so cool!! After Liberty Island we took the ferry to Ellis Island and toured it and watched a movie about all the immigrants that came through that island! It was sooo interesting!! After the ferry dropped us back off at Battery Park, we walked up to the site where the Twin Towers used to be. It is under construction right now so there wasn't much to see other than a construction site, but it was still very cool. From there we walked through the financial district, which I really really liked, and into China Town. In China Town we did some bargaining for things and had the best time. After our very hilariously scary experience in China Town we rode the subway back to our hotel. That night we saw the broadway musical "WICKED"!! And it was sooooooo amazing! I absolutely loved it!! After the show we ate dinner at a barbecue restaurant, and it was soo good!

Saturday morning Trevor and John woke up early and took a run through Central Park while Debbie and I slept in and got cleaned up. We walked down 5th avenue and shopped (more like window shopped) at all the neat stores!! We also went through the St. Patricks Cathedral which was so beautiful. After shopping we took a carriage ride through Central Park and then walked through Central Park. We were hoping to go ice skating, but it was to packed and the line was sooo long. After Central Park we walked to Penn Station and Madison Square Garden. That night we went and saw The Lion King musical. It was great. Then we got some dinner at a little delicatesan.

Our last day we split up for a few hours. John and Debbie really wanted to go to a museum and Trevor and I wanted to do some more bargain shopping. So Trevor and I took the subway back down to China Town and shopped. Then we all met up at Central Park and walked to the LDS Temple. It was so cool to see the temple just right in the heart of Manhatten!! We also walked by the Lincoln Center and Juliard. They were all so neat to see. Then we got some lunch and went back to our hotel to head out to the airport!

What a great weekend we had and we saw and did way more than I had ever expected!! My favorite things were definetly Wicked, the Statue of Liberty and just walking around watching all the people!! I loved all of it!! Trevors favorite parts were Ellis Island, walking around and seeing NYC in the rain(the first night we were there it rained really hard), and watching Debbie and me be deviant in China Town!! GREAT TIMES!!!! (: (: (:

9 comments:

Angela said...

I'm so jealous! Trevor said he really wanted to see ground zero, and I said I'd want to see the Statue of Liberty and he didn't know if you'd do that or not. I'm glad you did since it was your favorite! The pictures are so cute, you look adorable and so fashionable. You definately belong in NYC. You guys certainly did pack in a lot in those few days. That would be awesome. It looks really cold there, but no colder than it is here now, huh?!!
Did you get your kiss from Al?

Steph said...

How fun for you guys. I am happy for you that you were able to go, and what a fun time of year to go, and what fun people to go with. I am glad you had fun.

Stacey B. said...

Oh my!! It looks like so much fun. We talk about going...maybe someday. The pictures are great...but it looks like it was freezing. You really did fit in alot for how long you were there...did you get a chance to see the Macy's windows?

What an amazing holiday vacation!!!

Jodi said...

Angela, no we didn't get a kiss from Al!! I was really hoping!!
Stacy, yes we did see the Macys windows they were great, Saks 5th avenue had really really neat ones too!

Jennifer M. said...

Great picutes. I'm glad you had so much fun. We were able to go a couple of years ago. It is such a cool experience. It is a really amazing city. Way to go! I'm glad you all could experience it.

Angie said...

How fun!!! Wicked and Lion King? You are too lucky girl. Is that Trevor and John playing football in a courtyard near miss Liberty? I've never seen that yard?? Anyways, I hope you got to hit some deals on Canal St. as well. If not, we'll have to take a girls trip!!

Angie said...

I love the fire woman! This is a side of Jodi that I do not know. Brooks is adjusting well for the most part. He's only stubborn with shots every once in awhile now :)

Becky A said...

Wow! Sounds like a dream trip! My bff is from Long Island, so I've always wanted to go to "the city" with her! Wicked, the Today show, the statue of Liberty, that all sounds awesome! You guys really did see it all, didn't you? And Brandon was stoked about the I heart NY "jerseys" Trevor got their team! :)

Jenny Lee said...

You are so lucky! I'm stll waiting to go to New York! Nate went about two years ago and loved it. I can't believe all the things you did. It sounded so fun. We love you guys and the Augers so much. You are such fun happy people. You definately deserved such a great trip together.