Friday, September 19, 2008

Hooray for Friday!!

I do love Fridays!! I've always loved the saying "What a difference a day can make!" I'm always amazed at how awful one day can be, and then the next day be so wonderful!
This week has definitely been one of those weeks!! Ryker has not wanted to go to school all week. He wakes up every morning crying and says he "hates" school and is not going!! It has really taken it's toll on me all week. It has been so frustrating!! And when he makes his mind up about something, he is not easily persuaded. Nothing could make him change his mind on going to school this week!! I think he missed more school this week that he went to. Then just like magic, he wakes up this morning smiling and got ready, ate, and ran out to the bus like it was the best thing in the whole world!!! I'll take it!!
Sweet Rylee pulled the ligaments in her foot last weekend tumbling and has been in a boot all week. If you know Rylee, you know what a damper this has put on her schedule. She dances, cheers, and tumbles the majority of her day! When we took her to the Doctor last weekend, the doctor told her she would only be out a week, and would be back to her regular schedule after one week. But the swelling and the bruising has not seemed to get much better, until today!! She actually attempted school without her boot(her shoe verily fit with the wrap and still a little swelling). She is determined to not let this slow her down!!
River and Ryker both started flag football this week. River at first thought that he was so picked on because he was the "only" kid in the whole country that's parent's wont let him play tackle football. But he is actually having lots of fun playing and his team actually won a game!!
Ridger's week was all positive!! He celebrated his birthday and got lots of fun gifts and hasn't stopped playing with them all week. He runs from one toy to the next and has been having a blast!! He was actually excited to go to pre-school this week(a huge rarity).
From praying for a friend who recently had major-surgery, to running to after-hours for what thought was a broken foot, to celebrating Birthdays, to lots of flag-football games and practices, to saying goodbye to a great missionary for two years, to comforting a very sad and scared 1st grader, to running to dance, cheer, and Jr. High volleyball games......I am so glad it is Friday!!! I am so glad I started blogging!! (: (: (:

7 comments:

Care said...

Jodi - I'm so excited that you're moving right along - and yes, the rest of the world suffers but it's worth the sacrifice!

Call me anytime but I don't know if I'm great with tips (maybe on what not to do)

I LOVE dinner group too - it saves me.

Jeni said...

Hooray for Friday! I had no idea about Rylee! I hope she'll heal really fast!

Jennifer M. said...

I am so sorry! I totally feel your pain. You have had a crazy week. I went through the exact same thing with Brinley as you did Ryker. It sure makes your day hard. Hopefully you will be able to breath next week. We sure miss living right across the street from you.

Hey Trevor, Roses are red violets are blue, you think I use medication but you know you do! Ha Ha! Hey, I miss the midnight 4 wheelin!
Brandon

Steph said...

What a good neighbor I am. You know all my troubles of the week, but I had no idea you had such a hard week. Worrying about kids and trying to figure out what they need is sooooo exhausting. Then everything else on top of that. I'm sorry. Hooray for Friday!! Hopefully next week will be better for you.

Becky A said...

Aren't Fridays the best? Really, Jodi, I don't know how you do everything that you do!
About Ryker, I'm sorry he's not enjoying school. We need to get him and Will together. I wish they were in the same class this year, I think they had fun together in kindergarten!

Ellie McFreaken said...

Jodi! I was so excited to see you've joined the blogging world! It's great to see your cute family since we don't get to see them at church anymore.
I am with you I can't wait until Friday afternoons for the weekend and I'm not even half as busy as you!!!
I love seeing Riley around at Cait's they are so cute!
Love the all the pictures...
Angie M.

GINGER said...

Yeah!! I found your blog over at Becky's. It is so much fun to find new blog buddies.

I love Fridays too. There seems to be a different feeling in the air from the moment you wake up. Only 4 more days until the next one. Hooray!! Is it bad that I am already counting down. Probably. I have a ton to accomplish before it gets here.