Thursday, May 7, 2009

Reading Profanity...

This incident happened last fall and I debated about blogging about it, but have decided to share it...

One day I was reading a book with Ryker that his teacher had sent home.
The book was titled "Fred Fixes It"! The very first page had a picture of Fred under a faucet with tools, trying to fix the faucet.
The words read, "Drip, drop, drip, drop".

Ryker, without pausing at all, read it........"Damn-it, damn-it, damn-it, damn-it!"
My mouth dropped open and I wasn't sure if I should laugh, cry or get mad.
I said "WHAT?, where did you get that and why do you think this says that?"
He replied very matter-of-factly, "Because he looks so mad!"

Reading is definitely not Ryker strongest academic area!! We have since been working so hard and he has improved so much. "I am so proud of you and how hard and diligent you work at everything you do Ryker!! You never give up and always give everything your very best effort!! I love you so much and am so proud of the adorable boy you are becoming!!"

1 comment:

Jeni said...

sooooooo funny! Cute little Ryker.