Thursday, May 21, 2009

End of an Era!!!!

Ridger graduating from preschool- May 2009

Ryker graduating from preschool-May 2007

River graduating from preschool-May 2001

Rylee graduating from preschool - May 1999


Today Ridger had his preschool graduation!! All four of the kids attended and graduated from Brenda Milgates preschool program. I honestly can't believe where the time has went!! It seems like just yesterday Rylee was getting ready to go to preschool for the first time! I am usually so excited for the kids to graduate from preschool and move on to Kindergarten. But this year I am so sad. I usually sit through the preschool program excited for the next big step. But during Ridger's program I fought back tears the whole time and was so emotional listening to him sing "Bringing Home a Baby Bumble Bee", "I Can't Spell Hippopotamus", and "The Rainbow Song". All of which all three of the other kids sang at their preschool graduation also. Just knowing I will not experience that ever again was so sad for me. I told Brenda I might go into withdrawal and might start sending her a check every month. Brenda has been such a great teacher for each of our kids and I am so happy she was able to teach each of the them! Everyone around me seems so anxious for school to be out and for the kids to be home for the summer. But I am so sad that this school year is ending and not looking forward to the beginning of the new school year at all. I have loved having Ridger home with me, we have gotten so close this year while the other kids have been at school all day and we have had so much fun.

"Ridger, I love you so much. You are such a joy to have in our family!! I love your adorable shy, but crazy personality. I love your cute animated facial expressions and how you always keep us laughing with your funny personality. You are always so thoughtful and sweet and try to make everyone around you happy. You are always so eager to learn, and it seems to come so easy for you. I know you will go far in this life and will do so well in Kindergarten!! Congratulations Ridger!! Hugs and kisses!!! Your best buddy, AKA-Mommy"

5 comments:

Jeni said...

Oh that is so sad. They grow up too fast. You're kids are so darn cute Jodi. I loved looking at their cute little graduation photos.

Kim said...

That is so cute! I loved all their pictures! Their teacher hasn't changed a bit!!! Sad though. They grow up way too fast! (Jodi, let's hurry and adopt another one!!) LOL!

Steph said...

fighting back the tears right a long with you Jodi! Can't believe our babies are soooooo big!

Becky A said...

That made me cry! I, too, have a really hard time this time of year. I'm excited for summer, but it is sad to say good bye to the previous grade and see how fast they are growing up...(sniff...)

BookwormMom said...

It's so hard to see the last one grow up...Every new thing Talia does is a little sad for me, because it's the last time.

When it's Preschool graduation, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to hold back those tears!