Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Basketball Bliss!!!






























WOW!!!!!!!! I honestly can't believe it is April 21!!!!!!! This month has been a whirl wind!! I have sooooo much I want to blog about but it has been so busy lately!! So I really have a lot of catching up to do!! The first thing I've been meaning to blog about is River's cute basketball team!
River signed up for another year of Jr. Jazz way back in December. Last year River had such a disappointing year because he only played one game before he broke his leg and was out for 3 months. He was so excited to play this year because our awesome neighbor was going to coach and we had asked for River to be on his team. The problem was that no one else signed up to be a coach and their were a lot of boys who wanted to play. Trevor has coached a lot of River's sports teams in the past, but really didn't want to coach this year. Mostly because the boys are getting older and it is a lot different level than when they were little and also because we really wanted River to be on our neighbors team. But not one other parent was able to coach(mostly due to work and other schedule conflicts) and Trevor had a lot of time because he has been so slow at work. So a little reluctantly Trevor decided to coach River's team. Trevor's team ended up having such a great year and won the Championship!! They were such an awesome team and worked so well together!! Trevor really enjoyed coaching and River improved so much and had so much fun playing this year. Congratulations Trevor, River, Dave, Braxton, Conner, Tyler, Zach, Bronson, and Braden!! I am so proud of all of you!!

5 comments:

GINGER said...

Your are faster than me. I still need to blog about it. We sure appreciated Trevor coaching. Braxton had tons of fun. In fact he saw me reading your blog and had to join me when he saw what it was about. You guys are the best!!!

Ellie McFreaken said...

I can't beleive it's April either Jodi...there is only like what 6 weeks left? This year flew by!
River is such a cute kid and I bet Trevor was the best coach!

Becky A said...

Trevor is such a great guy! And I just love River...in fact, I have a funny little story about him I need to share with you. (regarding Phoebe) :) glad you are back in the blogging world!

Jeni said...

I'm so glad you had a great season! Great job River & Trevor!
I also can't believe April is coming to an end...this month flew by

Jenny Lee said...

Jodi, that was nice of Trevor to River's team. What a great memory for River to have with his dad. Thanks for your comment about Parker. That's so cute that Ridger still talks about him. Parker was telling me the other day how he still misses South Weber and his friends there. I wish we could always be closer to the people we love.