Monday, August 24, 2009

Where the Heck is the "STOP" button...




Wow!! It is officially the first day of school and I honestly can't believe where the summer went!! It feels like it is still the last week of school from last year.

Today is Rylee's official first day of High School, River's first day of Junior High and Ryker started second grade. Ridger's Kindergarten doesn't officially start until next week, which is probably good because he deserves a post of his own on his special big day!!
I thought I was doing pretty good this morning as I was rushing getting everybody off. But as soon as everything slowed down and I got in the shower, it hit me!! My little girl is in High School!!!! It doesn't get much crazier than that!! I am trying so hard to be excited for her and for these fun next few years she has to enjoy and look forward to. But I honestly know that this is the beginning of the end, and from here on out she isn't my little girl anymore and doesn't need me much!(except for my wallet!) I hope and pray that her and River will make wise decisions in the coming years and that I will be able to stay close to both of them.
I am so excited for all three of them and the new school year they have to enjoy!! Now if we can just get back into a regular schedule...adjust to waking up early, going to bed at a decent time and homework every night?!?!?!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Oh Jodi. Where IS that stop button?!?!?!
You have got the cutest -sweetest kids. I can't believe how big they all are!

BookwormMom said...

I can't believe that they're so big...

Although I can believe how beautiful they are...we have good genes in our family!